Sunday, July 22, 2012

Drawing from the Masters ~



     Every once in a while, I find myself digging into one of my artists anatomy books, and one of my favorites is: "Anatomy Lessons From The Great Masters." Robert Beverly Hale and Terence Coyle put this fine work together in a fine hard cover book, and it reveals the anatomical drawing principles in 100 masterpieces by such greats as Leonardo, Michelangelo, Rubes, Raphael, Durer, Titian, and Rembrandt.

     Luca Cambiaso (1527-1585) drew a beautiful pen and wash drawing of CAIN and ABEL, and in a time honored tradition, I've put my hand to work in order to further understand the methods of the Masters. Perhaps it's time to go splash some more ink around....


2 comments:

  1. Wow! I think that's very impressive. I will have to go view your art on Etsy.

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, Wendy. Nice meeting you also!

    ReplyDelete